Fifi returns to her homeland every summer and spends time with her family.
菲菲每年夏天都會回到家鄉與家人共度時光。
This latest news could spell disaster for the government.
這個最新消息對政府來說可能意味著災難。
The fire in the shopping mall raged for many hours.
購物中心的火勢肆虐了好幾個小時。
I was delighted to hear that my brother is getting married.
我很高興聽到哥哥要結婚了。
When she looked at the sky, she saw a flock of birds flying above her.
當她仰望天空時看到一群鳥從頭上飛過。
I encountered my old English teacher when I was out shopping.
我出門購物時與我以前的英文老師不期而遇。
Jill disguised herself as a housekeeper and entered the hotel.
吉兒喬裝成房務員、進入了飯店。
I gave money to a beggar so he could buy some food.
我給了一個乞丐錢,好讓他可以買點食物。
The police arrived at the crime scene and began to investigate it.
警方抵達犯罪現場並開始調查。
My sister would not reveal the secret no matter how much I asked.
無論我怎麼問,姊姊就是不肯透漏祕密。